Akechi (明智) family name, Denki (伝鬼) first name, (1940 - 2005)
Akechi developed many bondage techniques in pursuit of the beauty of Kinbaku, influenced many other Kinbakushi, resulting in the 'bondage boom' of the 1990s.
明智伝鬼(Japanese), Akechi Denoni
1940s: While in lower grade at elementary school excited by witnessing girlfriend tied to a tree in the playground.
1950s: Junior high school - rented SM magazines from local bookstore to lend to other pupils where they would study the images and practise tying.
1956(c): Parent's company goes bankrupt. Has first surgery for heart disease and informed he will not live to the age of 30.
1957(c): Ties first woman, a café waitress.
1957: Works in the construction business.
1958: Becomes independent craftsman.
1959: Begins private Kinbaku.
1970: Has heart surgery. Prior to surgery, told he has less than a year to live.
1980s: Prolific live performer and appears in many Kinbaku videos.
1985: Takes over Denjiro Sakurada's shows on his retirement from performing.
1987: Jul. Opens Studio Phantom in Shibuya for photo sessions.
1987: Sep. Begins SM experimental Kinbaku theatre at Studio Phantom, once a month, and then twice from January 1988 until June 1997.
1989: Launches General Member outdoor photo sessions on an irregular basis.
1996: Founds Bakuyukai with Takumi Miura. Starts in-depth research of classical rope tying techniques.
1996: Performs "SM Techno Obsession (James Bondage - To Die Twice)" at Dotonbori Theater, Shibuya with Kurumi Mira. Planning: Takasu Motojin, Yano Hiroshi Yu. Script: Morizono Milk. Director: Kannonzaki Gootto. Nov 27-Dec 3, 1996.
1997: Jun. Performs at Nakano Queen (oldest SM club).
1997: Aug. Opens SM Club Garaha in Setagaya.
1997: Nov. Appears in Department H.
1998: Japan Cultural Design Conference (Akita).
1998: Jul 25-Aug 1. Netherlands tour with Katsuragi Ayano, Banta Ryosuke, Takao Nakano and Kuromuchi Hyōko.
1998: Jul 25. performs at Club Doma with Katsuragi Ayano.
1999: July 8. LOFT/PLUS ONE presents "Sexual Perversion on a Midsummer Night". Cast: Denki Akechi & Takasu Motojin.
1999: Dec. Performs in "Claims Transformation '99" in Osaka with Tanihige and Takagi Sao-nushi.
2000: Feb 3. "Disturbed Rope" presented by LOFT/PLUS ONE with Tachibana Mari.
2000: Sep. Oniroku Dan attends 60th Birthday Party.
2000: Dec. Undergoes surgery for chronic heart disease and pauses Kinbaku activity.
2001: Dec 1. Opens SM club Garasha in Ikebukuro with Takagi Sao-nushi.
2001: Dec 22. Resumes performing at Salon Gracia with Raika.
2002: Jan 5. The long Awaited Revival of Denki Akechi Show" at Salon Gracia with model Yui Koike.
2002: Nov 24. Lectures with Mai Randa at "2nd Bondage Introductory Attrition Meeting".
2003: Holds bondage workshops on the subject of rape with Tsukihana.
2004: Mar 13. Interview with Yoshikazu Hayakawa on the subject "Groups surrounding SM celebrities."
2004: Appears in "The SM Final" at Show Up, Omiya.
2004: Oct 9. Appears in Mary Aoi's "Demon".
2005: Mar 24. Attends Kinoko Hajime bondage workshops "Beauty and The Beast".
2005: Apr. Shoots "Treasury of Bondage Skills and Forms".
2005: Dies of multi-organ failure. Jul 17 2005 10:36am.
- SM Document The Mania (Bondage by Denki Akechi) (DaiPro, 1984)
- Video Sexy Club3 (Jiyu Planning, 1985)
- Young Masochistic Lady Kanako (Bondage by Denki Akechi) (VIP, 1985)
- Flesh Types of a Young Lady (Bondage by Denki Akechi) (Hatena Planning, 1985)
- Natural Masochism (Bondage: Denki Akechi, Featuring: Yumi Matsuda) (VIP, 1985)
- Secrets of Shibari (Clean Bunny Mots Corporation, 1997)
- Treasury of Kinbaku Skills and Forms Vol.1 (with Takumi Miura) (Bakuyukai, 2005)
- Treasury of Kinbaku Skills and Forms Vol.2 (with Takumi Miura) (Bakuyukai, 2005)
- Ukiyo Soushi - Pleasure and a Little Pain - Kate Asabuki Kinbaku Photo Collection (Hokuo Shobo, 1995) Bondage: Denki Akechi.
- Perverse Pleasures (WaniMagazine, 1996) Section on Denki Akechi.
- Tokyo Strip - Hitomi Shimizu (Mot’s, 1998) Bondage: Denki Akechi.
- Tamayura (MagazineHouse, 1998) Denki Akechi without sunglasses.
- Punishment - Naoko Hayashiba (Mot's, 2001) Bondage: Denki Akechi.
- Akechi (Shinpusha, 2007) Bondage: Denki Akechi.